So I counted yesterday and we will be leaving in exactly eight weeks. We are going to go visit Joel's extended family in Pennsylvania for a few days, and then we will be on our way to Virginia. It is hard to believe that it is going by so fast! I did some more packing yesterday, and there really is not a whole lot left to do.
Friday we went and got the kids' passport pictures taken. That was rather hilarious. Isaac's picture looked like a true mugshot. Autumn on the other hand, was smiling ear to ear. 40 minutes in the post office was only a little foreshadowing of things to come. It was crazy!?!??!?! Trying to keep 2 kids occupied within a 5 square foot radius is not easy!
This weekend we will have another opportunity to get rid of some not-so-needed things around the house as our friends are having a yard sale. So today I plan on going around the house to see what I can pile up to take out of here.
We are so excited about what is going to happen in our very near future, but it will also be bittersweet when it is time to finally leave. Until then...we pack and clean (the story of my current life).
No comments:
Post a Comment