Zoos here are very different. I must admit this is the first we have visited in the country, so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I will say that it is very different from America. The animals here are in cages with concrete floors. I am not a "PETA" member, but I do have to say that I was a little sad for the animals living in a concrete box. But all in all, it had some very nice scenery. However, I now know why in America they tell us not to feed the animals and to be careful with our trash. They don't have those rules here.
We also made another friend this week. Actually, a whole family! We were eating lunch at a local establishment one day. As usual, we were having some difficulty with the menu. A very nice man, who spoke a little English, did everything he could to help us. We talked a little over the meal, then he gave us his business card and said he wanted to invite our family to his home. So, Saturday night, he came to pick us up and took us to meet his family. I regret that we forgot the camera and we don't have any visuals for this one, but it was a great time. The table was packed with food, which was very good! On a humbling note, his 12 year old son challenged me to a game of chess and completely "took me to school" as they say. I guess I didn't learn enough chess moves from my father. I'll have to try to get Cara to practice with me so I can go back and give him a run for his money.
Thanks for checking the blog. More to come soon!
1 comment:
Omgosh that is so funny about the zoo! And yay about your new friends. We love y'all!! -the Robaatsu's (I'll tell you that story later...)
Post a Comment