Monday, May 25, 2009

Rainy Season Again


The rainy season has began. It has been raining off and on since last Thursday, I think. I can't remember one dry day since then. Last year at this time it was really depressing because we did not know many people, and it was difficult to get out and meet people because of the rain. I remember just feeling horrible. We are so thankful that this year we can stay busy even during the bad weather.
Tomorrow we are taking a trip out of town and may be gone for a week or longer. Although it will be nice to have a little break, I imagine that we will get bored after a few days. However, I am taking lots of stuff to keep me busy. I plan on getting in some good study time and getting ahead on planning lessons for the remainder of my classes.The kids have kept busy despite the rain. Isaac and Autumn have had three different families with children come to visit and play. So that is a huge blessing as well. And today we went to the mall and let them play for an hour or so. They need to release all the energy that they have built up.
I imagine next week we will have lots more pictures to share from our time out of town. This week I am sharing pictures with you of my craft night with some ladies here in our city. I have been meeting with them once a month to teach them how to do some popular crafts in the states. This week we made bracelets and I gave them a crash course on baking cookies. I think they enjoyed the cookies the most.

No comments: