

This Chinese New Year has proved itself to be more busy than we had planned. Now I must say that we are still getting some relaxing in, but we have had friends to visit with almost every single day. So, that has been a huge blessing. Today we were able to go and meet my old teacher's parents. They were very funny, and they asked if they could come over and get to know us better sometime. SO, they are coming to my house Thursday night and I plan to make them a Mexican feast, but that means I have a lot of work to do.



Also, tonight my new teacher and her brother and sister came to visit. They also brought their cousin. We all played cards together, and it was a lot of fun as well.

This Thursday afternoon we are supposed to go out with our new friends from Canada and then on Friday we are going to our other friends' house to make Chinese dumplings. We have something to look forward to every day.

Tomorrow Joel is going to visit some friends in another city, and I will be home with the kids. It is supposed to be about 6 degrees C tomorrow, so I imagine that we will be staying in for some rainy day games. I don't plan to bundle my kids up and take them out for a walk in the cold weather. I know it does not even compare to what you all are getting in the states right now, but without heat it can feel as though you never get complete relief. (Yeah, I am sure I will be able to tell my grandkids those stories ..."When I was your age I lived in a house without windows in the bathrooms and we didn't even have heat...") Ha!

Last week, Joel and the kids went to the zoo and gave me a day to myself. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Oh, and I did enjoy myself. :) Thanks, Joel!

1 comment:
Is the new year like anything you expected? The pictures are cute! I'm glad you had a relaxing day! Miss you, C! (and the rest of you of course!)
Post a Comment