Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ICk...sick

The weather here hasn't been able to make up its mind what it wants to do--therefore a lot of people have colds--including me (Cara). I started feeling sick last Thursday and still haven't been able to get all the congestion to go away. But it does seem like I am getting better, so hopefully I will be feeling more like myself soon.This is the kids' last week of school at the kindergarten, but we will still keep homeschooling during the break so that we can get finished before summer starts. It looks like we might be changing the location of homeschooling to an apartment that us and 2 other families will rent together. The place that we are meeting now has been good, but it has become inconvenient for the other 2 families to get to because they moved to a different part of town. We also have a limited time frame at the current place, and that makes things a little difficult. I guess we will also be looking at elementary school for Isaac after Chinese New Year. He won't start until September, but we need to ensure that there is a school that will take him for just a few subjects everyday--and that means doing our research a little earlier than the fall.Isaac and Autumn expressed interest this week in having someone teach them Chinese language. I think this is a big step for them both. We tried it before but they weren't too enthused about it, but now that they are asking--it shows that they are becoming more interested in the culture here and want to feel more a part of things than they already do. So this is a huge blessing. :)Isaac and Autumn really wanted to get a puppy when we got back to China, but for those of you who have been wondering....it's not going to happen. We asked the guards if it was an option, and they said no. So apparently the complex has a rule of no pets. I hate that for the kids, but they don't seem too upset. Maybe we can find someone with a dog that they can play with occasionally.We also found out recently that I (Cara) will not be teaching at Skyline anymore (I was teaching business English to office workers at the factories). Now I will be doing all of my teaching at the kindergarten--extracurricular. So sometime soon I will be doing a drama/craft class. It sounds like a lot of work on my part, but I love crafts so it should be fun. It is also right after homeschooling, so it is pretty convenient.

No comments: