A lot has happened since my last post. The kids and I spent 10 days in Thailand (part of that time Joel was also there) to meet up with some friends and also to attend a homeschool conference. It was a good time, but it was also really good to get back home.
Over the trip I discovered that Autumn really is our “social butterfly”. She quickly made friends and became attached to them. She begged me every meal to sit with her friends. She wanted to be friends with everyone—even the girls who were too old and cool for her. :) She just couldn’t understand why they didn’t want to play with her.
Isaac is our “introvert”. He is a lot like me. He has a hard time walking up to people he doesn’t know, and a lot of times he would just rather sit by himself or with the people he is most familiar—his family. But inside he really wants to be part of the group, and if they invite him then he opens up!
The kids had a great time playing with other American 3rd culture kids, and it was really worth the trip if that was the only good thing that happened, but really overall it was a wonderful trip with lots of good things in store.
Isaac also took an American standardized test to determine how he is doing in school. I was a little nervous just because I don’t really know how much he should know—although it seemed to me that he was doing excellent in school. Well after the results came in, I was very pleased! He is doing excellent in school—looks like he takes after his daddy. :)
We have been back at home for right at a week. The kids were sick off and on during our trip—especially Isaac on the plane home. :( And Autumn picked up a fever after we got back. Then 2 days ago Isaac woke up with some red bumps on his face. I didn’t think a whole lot about it, but by the next day it was obvious that there was something going on—Autumn also had them and Isaac’s had multiplied!!! Turns out I guess it is impetigo (that is what our doctor via email said). Isaac had a sore in his nose that he had been picking at and then some of the infection spread to his face…and somehow it transferred to Autumn. I was afraid it might be chicken pox when I first saw it, but both of my kids have had the shot and they weren’t in any kind of pain/discomfort. So yesterday they stayed home from school (I hadn’t received word of what the problem was) and they had a lot of fun goofing off.
Today they are back at school and I am praying that none of the kids make fun of them—they still have some bumps but most of them are going away. You can check out the pictures of day 1 and day 2 for Isaac. I didn’t take another picture this morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment