But on Mother's Day I received a big surprise. Joel is taking me to Xi'an! Some people call me crazy but I have always wanted to go there more than the Great Wall. I remember social studies class in 7th grade....opening up my text book and seeing a picture of all those terracotta soldiers. I was mesmerized. I don't remember much else about that class but I remember staring at that picture for a long time. When we moved to China I hoped that one day we would be able to go. So, the first week of June we are going!!! I am very excited!
I hope that Joel and the kids enjoy it as much as I know I will. What a great gift! I have a very sweet husband. ;)
And the icing on the cake....our awesome friends Brandon and Kristi will be coming to visit as soon as we get back! This will be a very eventful--and unforgettable month! God is too good!
Plans for the rest of the summer? We hope to sign Autumn up for swim lessons in June. She was not tall enough to take lessons last year. I thought about signing Isaac up for a refresher class but I think he just needs to get in and swim on his own. I am sure the teacher will teach him a few new things if he is there to watch Autumn--they don't have much business in June because all of the other kids are not out of school yet.
Other than that the plan is to keep cool and try to stay busy. I hope to have many more pictures to share soon.




1 comment:
What a great vacation that will be!! I have always wanted to see the terracotta soldiers too!!! Take alot of pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful time. My jaw dropped when I saw the photo of Isaac in his Spiderman suit...he is looking like a young man instead of my baby!!!! His looks are really changing!!! Love you guys! MOM
Post a Comment