I can still remember Sunday night about two weeks ago. We invited several people to come celebrate Autumn's birthday. We ate cake, just visited, and Autumn opened all of her presents when I wasn't looking (I think she was a little excited). Around 8:00 everyone started to leave and I told Isaac that it was time to go to bed. He was a little confused because every other night his bedtime had been 9:30. When I told him that he had school the next day...you should have seen his face!!! He was so upset....no, he wasn't!!! He was so thrilled that he started jumping up and down and saying, "Really?? We have school tomorrow??? Yah!!!" As a homeschooling mom this is what you want to hear from your almost 9 year old! :) It made my heart melt.
They both are doing excellent in school--I think because they love it so much. We are still homeschooling every morning 4 days a week. We start at 8:30 and end at 2:00. The kids also started Chinese school this week in the afternoons (extra-curricular classes only). I expected the first couple of weeks to be a little rocky at the local school, but they have finished 2 days already and things seem to be great. What a blessing!
Stephen is growing like a weed. He has gotten longer/taller and is starting to walk. 9 months...I know! He is going to keep me busy (as he already does). I think he is trying to help me lose these last 2 pounds of baby weight. When we homeschool in the morning he goes over to a neighbor's house. These particular neighbors (Uncle and Aunt Cheng) were Isaac and Autumn's swim teachers the past 3 years. So we have watched them in the community and have gotten to know them even better over the last couple of months that we have been back. Aunt Cheng came over about 7 times to watch how we do things before she finally took him on her own. They are very willing to do things the way that we have asked them--including not rocking him! They are really enjoying keeping him everyday, and I know that they really care about him. They love on him like they would if he were their own grandson. We prayed that God would provide just the right people, and He did! They have him all figured out now. They said that everyday is the same. He goes to their house, plays a little, and then they give him a bath. After his bath they put him in bed and he doesn't cry at all. He lies in bed and talks to himself until he falls asleep. After he wakes up he plays for another 2 hours, eats lunch, and then he takes his second (sometimes final) nap of the day. He likes going with them, but he is always excited to see Mommy and Daddy when we pick him up. We usually get him right after he eats lunch (12:30).
Attached to this post you will see some pics of Autumn's party, our most recent Family Day, and Stephen with Aunt Cheng.
1 comment:
Loved the pictures and updates. Miss all of you so much. And a little jealous of "Aunt Cheng." :)
Post a Comment