As I sat and stared at the small piece of bread in my hands, I thought..."He did this for me. Bruised.....beaten.....torn.... And what do I have to give in return? And in what attitude do I give?" It's easy to say that you would give it all away, but it is another thing to actually do it."
When we got official word this past weekend that we will be moving, a whole new feeling came over me. Excitement? Yes! But also a feeling in my gut that..."this is real." This is something that is going to be VERY hard. This is something that is so new, that I don't know how fully to prepare for it. And I know that giving up so many things will be harder as time goes on. Some things I will miss....FAMILY (yes, definitely!), FRIENDS (YOU are family...I believe that wholeheartedly!), American food (Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, sonic strawberry limeades, the list could continue...), English conversation, and just the comfort of everything that I have ever known. Sometimes I try to imagine what it will be like to be completely lost in a city.....feeling illiterate.....knowing no one....feeling like there is no family for miles.....and trying to be a strong Child, mother, wife, and light. It WILL be difficult. And what will it be like for our kids? And what will I say when they say..."I want to see...(Nana, Pa-paw, Grandma, Pop, Madi, Granny, Nelle, Gracie, KT, Jana, or Bacon)? I can only imagine that this will be harder for Isaac to understand than what I realize.
So I say all this to say....we know that our time away is going to be a time of immense stress....a time of loneliness...but it will also be a time that we must do everything in our power to make a new home...more friends....more family--to keep our sanity. Please remember us...and when we come to mind...lift something up on our behalf.
No comments:
Post a Comment