Today one of my friends was supposed to come over to visit. When I went to meet her, her boy friend was with her. They said that they wanted to go by the market to buy some fruit for the kids. What she really meant was that she wanted to buy a ton of food to cook us dinner! This was a huge blessing as my biggest culture shock has been not knowing how to cook in this very different country. So, I was given an awesome opportunity to learn in my own house. Asian food...and no soy sauce! I was amazed at the flavor that a few Asian vegetables make! The food was amazing!!!! Iron Chef, here I come!On Saturday of this week, we did some walking and talking in the city. We have been wanting to put together a video for you all of the sights and sounds of where we live. We hope to have that completed this week. But until then, here is a small sample through pictures. It really was a great week. Thanksgiving was different...but good and refreshing. It was a good time for our family to relax together. We had a Thanksgiving dinner (minus turkey and dressing) that was very delicious. It was not the traditional meal, but it really was good. And we also used the time to meet with new friends that we have made. Although it was laid back, a lot of relationships were made stronger.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Omgosh she is getting so big and more beautiful every day!! But I need more pictures of Isaac!! Love y'all -- Linds
4 comments:
Omgosh she is getting so big and more beautiful every day!! But I need more pictures of Isaac!! Love y'all -- Linds
she IS getting so big - and definitely beautiful! i'm so glad to hear you're learning how to cook! love ya - angie
I love the pic of my girls. Please send that one to me! Can't wait to try the food!
i love seeing the pictures... the one you and lil tum is precious! tell those kids to stop getting so big!!!! i love you!!
Post a Comment