Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year

Bundle Up!



So, New Year's Eve is approaching, and they are not going to do anything exciting in our city. What a bummer! But I guess we never did much in the states either. It will be just another day around here. Today was a very cold day. It was beautiful outside. The sun came out and the sky looked clear. I went out for a trip to the store, and boy was I surprised! It was FREEZING cold. This is a picture that we took of the kids yesterday before we went out for a power walk. The kids had a good time and were able to stay warm.



I also took this picture of Isaac and Joel crossing the street. Autumn and I beat them across. So it was a good opportunity to take some photos. Things here really have been good, and we are adjusting well. Sometimes I am shocked at how well we are doing. It is strange that little farm girl is living in such a big city, and I feel at home. And our kids will never know that farm life. Strange!


Big City Life



This is a picture of me taken from our apartment window. What? You don't see me??? I am the little brown speck between the corner billboard and the road (top left). I am standing on the sidewalk beside a skinny tree. I was on the way to the post office to pick up a package and I called Joel to take this picture. Such a small body in a large city!
We were experimenting with our camera a little bit since it was such a clear day outside today. The picture is a little crude, but we wanted to give you a view of what we see out our window on a clear day. It serves as a good reminder to how little we really are in the whole scheme of things.
We love you all and are greatful for those who keep up with us on here.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome view!!! You would have to pay like a million dollars for a view like that in the US!!! PS: Your children are too cute for words!!! --Linds