Bangkok Tower
Before our return home, we had the opportunity to spend one more night in Bangkok. And, our Thai sister Ting (and her family) treated us to a wonderful evening at the Bangkok Tower. The above is a shot from the top. Although I can't tell you exactly how high it was (it would ruin the poll question), I can say it was an unbelievable 360 degree view of the city. The observation deck was rotating so you got a truly panoramic viewpoint.
Isaac wanted to stop to pose with the "tower-man." I was a little surprised because he's normally afraid of these sorts of things. :)
This is Ting and her boyfriend Baht (Ting, I hope I spelled that at least remotely close). They were so gracious to show us around for the evening. Our children took a liking to them very quickly. Autumn doesn't even look scared being up that high!
I just noticed Autumn looks a lot happier in the previous picture. Hmm. She must really like Ting. :) But, this is us on top of the tower. We would have liked it to be a little clearer, but it was still very, very impressive. We went up later at night, and the lights seemed to go on as far as you could see.
Inside the restaurant, a clown (don't look Katie) was making balloon animals for the children. He came over to our table and made Isaac this hat. He was really good, and Isaac was cracking up. Then, he got to take a picture with him.
Home Sweet Home
After spending Saturday night in Bangkok, we woke up early on Sunday and caught the plane for our return trip. We arrived safely late Sunday night and have spent today doing laundry and unpacking. The feeling was much different this time than our initial entry four months ago. More so than at any point so far, it felt so good to come home! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment