Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Cultural Experience

Today was our first Sunday as a small family. It was very sweet, but also a little different being that we have always had other Westerners around. We had a good time together dancing, singing songs, coloring, and acting out a very familiar story about a man being thrown to the lions. Isaac and Daddy enjoyed pretending to be lions; Autumn was the man; and Mommy was the sad king.


The rest of the day was very relaxing. We ate some Sichuan food and then came home to play and take naps. Then at 5:30 our landlord came to take us to dinner. We thought we were going to a restaurant, but instead we arrived at his mother-in-law's home for a very authentic meal. I think I might like authentic Chinese as about as much as authentic Mexican (not too good). But Joel gave it a go and tried everything except for one dish. We will play a little trivia to the right and you can guess the dishes!

We are still enjoying the company of our friend. She has been such a blessing and has been teaching me to cook. Although I think that I am gaining weight and becoming very oily from all the grease. :) Her food is very good--much better than the food we had tonight. I am looking forward to my boxes arriving tomorrow with all of my American spices.

2 comments:

Chris, Kelly, Christopher, and Ty Collinsworth said...

Autumn's hair is getting so long! Loving the pink shoes baby girl!
Aunt Kelly

Chris, Kelly, Christopher, and Ty Collinsworth said...

I wish I knew what Joel was thinking? Tell Isaac he made a very good lion...the best ever!
Aunt Kelly