Sunday, June 22, 2008

Why Did the Rain Go so Soon?

Yes, last week we wrote that we thought it would never stop. Well, it did stop! And now it is getting HOT. I say getting hot because it is not to the peak yet. We figured since it was so hot, we would treat the kids to a swim at the pool. They had a great time. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was a little afraid about having the camera near all that water. I can be clumsy at times.


The kids really enjoyed the pool and Isaac is ready to go back again already. He has been asking to go back ever since we left. I think he will have another opportunity this week. I would like for him to go at least once a week so that he can get more comfortable in the water. He did very well this past time...considering it has been several months since he has been in the pool.
We also decided to take the kids to the university and let them run around in the grass. It was fun for them...and it was a lot more shady than the big park. And they got a few "ooohs" and "awwhs" from the students there.

We are also looking forward to making ice cream this week. A good friend told us that there is a way to make ice cream using two different sized coffee cans. We are very excited about trying it, and I plan on going to get the ingredients tomorrow. The kids need a project, and they love ice cream. I will post pictures of this very soon.

1 comment:

Don, Jana, Natalie and Rachel said...

Thanks for all the updates on your blog. I love looking at the pictures on this and the other site. We love you bunches!