Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We were blessed to have our friends from Japan here, and we had an amazing meal. Together, Lindsey and I made dressing, hashbrown casserole, devilled eggs, green beans, mashed potatoes, baked beans, peanut butter pie, apple crisp, and cheesecake. We also ordered some chickens to be cooked. I really never imagined that it would seem so much like Thanksgiving! But it did!



The very next day we put up our Christmas tree. The kids are excited about Christmas. We have been reading the Christmas story and working on our daily nativity story. I have also been teaching the kids some songs. They get excited around bedtime to do all of those things.



On Saturday our friends left and it was a pretty sad day. We drove them to the ferry and said our goodbyes, and I was the only one crying!!! I felt kinda silly, but I am not sure when we will see them again and that is all I could think about. Thankfully we have skype and other ways of keeping in touch.
However, we are very much looking forward to Kenny coming in just a few weeks, and we imagine that it will be a very special Christmas with him here. We feel very blessed to have visitors around this time of year.


No comments: