Monday, February 16, 2009

Spring in February


We have officially brought back out the shorts and t-shirts. We have had amazing weather here ever since we returned from vacation. And we even got some well-needed rain! I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to coming back to the cold....and I didn't have to.
The kids started back to school last Wednesday. Autumn had her first day. She was a little hesitant, but when we got to the school....she took one look at it and said, "This is MY school!" (see picture above right after she said this). She was so excited. She was actually quite upset when we left that morning...but not because she was at school. She was already missing mommy and daddy. I think it helps, though, that Isaac is there with her.When we picked her up that day (see picture above), she had so many adventures to tell. And we could tell she was really proud of herself. And with all of this, she has decided to give potty-training a second...or third/fourth (we have lost count) try. She is doing so good, and we are so proud. Just pray she keeps it up...for all of our sanity.

We actually took quite a few pictures this past week. I took the kids to the mall to play and got quite a few pictures there. And since the weather has been so nice..we went outside to the playground and I took some there as well. So, if you have a desire to see more, check out our picture blog. If you don't have that address, just send us an email.

3 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

love seeing those big smiles on your kids' faces! Our Father is so faithful in smoothing the transition for them, it seems. Awesome! Wish it was "warmer weather" here... today it's 32 degrees on the way to work this morning.

Take care :)

Anonymous said...

my guess for the picture is that it is a root!?!?

Katie

Unknown said...

I want to guess that it is some kind of root .. I don't eat all those veggies so that is as far as I can take this one.. I hope that you are all doing so well.. I am enjoying your skool Joel! :) it might be enjoying me more though!