
One of my hobbies is scrap-booking. In America, I liked to do it the old fashioned way, but because of a lack of supplies...I have been doing digital scrap-booking in China. Right now, I have three albums that I constantly add to. One of those is a family album throughout our time here. The other two are for the kids. Recently, I really felt like I am crazy for not doing one about China in general.


So, this week I set out to take some pictures of the city (while doing errands and meeting people, of course). On Monday I went to one of our favorite parks. I am not sure why I chose this location, but I really felt like I should go there for some reason. I began walking on a trail that I thought I had been on before. However, I soon realized that this was a newer trail. I immediately realized that God brought me to this trail because I really just needed the peace and quiet. I passed one young girl at the entrance to the trail, but from that point on...I was all alone (something that doesn't EVER happen).


It was absolutely beautiful! I walked for a while, and then I sat down just to enjoy the scenery. I began to imagine what our city might have looked like even 100 years ago. The trees look so old, so complex, yet so purposely made. I began to thank God for all the things that He has made and how He has shown Himself in His creation. I sat there for a while...just looking...and taking pictures.

Then I realized that I should probably be heading back because I did not know exactly how far I had walked into the woods. And about 15 seconds after having this thought...it began to rain. So, I sat some more. Well, I made it out... and was only about 10 minutes late in getting home--which was not too bad considering that I was out in the beginning stages of a typhoon. :)

It started raining while I was out, and it has been raining on and off since. Today the kids stayed home. School was cancelled due to the weather. Attached you will find some pictures from my time at the park (before my camera batteries died)
6 comments:
Cara, What beautiful pictures. It must have been an amazing walk. Glad you got home before the typhoon hit full force.
These pictures are great! How do you do digital scrapbooking? I'd be interested in that too!
Amazing Pictures! Loved them!
BEAUTIFUL Cara! Wow, these are some great photos! I really enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing. I love how our Father gives us exactly what we need right when we need it, even when we didn't know that's what we needed before it happened. :)
What sites do you use for your digital scrapbooking? Something like snapfish or something? If not, you should look into a site like that because you can have your digital scrapbook printed out for you in bound form with either hard or soft covers. Very neat
I do my scrapbooking on a computer program that I bought in America before I came. I have the pictures printed out here because it is only about 1 dollar for an 8X10. So, I cut them down to 8X8 and put them in albums that I brought from America. It is so much cheaper to have them printed here. :)
These pictures are AWESOMENESS I am glad you guys are doing well and I am so glad that you were given this tranquil walk!
Post a Comment