

Last night 5 of my sisters came to our home. I received a message earlier yesterday morning "reminding me" that it was two of our sisters' birthdays. I knew that their birthday was soon, but let's be honest...I didn't really know yesterday was supposed to be the big day. So, my day's plans changed a little when I realized that I needed to do something special for these two ladies. :)


The kids and I decided on a butterfly cake. It seemed easy enough. What I didn't know was that weather was so hot that the icing was going to run all over the place. I soon realized that I was not going to be able to decorate the cake with icing alone. SO, Joel and the kids bailed me out by buying some candy to put on top.

Tonight, the girls and I went to eat Japanese food. I have had Benihana's and the equivalent in America, but I have never had Japanese food in the east. Tonight was my first time to eat sushi...and wasabi. I still just haven't gotten use to that seaweed flavor. So, the sushi was not all that bad in itself...after I took the seaweed off. Yes, I am a little weird. All in all, the food was not horrible, but if I had the choice I would have spent my calorie intake on something a little more suited to me. :0

I did think of several of you while I was there. Brenda, do you remember the "moving pizza" that we saw at Pizza Hut? Well, I had that tonight. For those of you have not seen it, it is a pizza that has some sort of very thin paper-like fish or something on top. As the breeze goes through the restaurant, the paper-like material sways from side to side. I was a little weird-ed out and didn't eat the papery stuff, but the pizza itself was good.

Edie, I did think of you almost immediately as I know you always talk about sushi. I wish I could say that when I come back to America we can go together to eat some, but.... how about we just do Chinese food instead?

And of course I thought of you...Trent and Lindsey. How you must have suffered in your time in Japan having to eat all that raw fish. ;) Next time, I will try the BBQ.

This afternoon, we as a family had a small family day because this Friday we are going to be busy. So you can check out a few pictures from our lunch today.
3 comments:
Well Trent is a freak who loved the food in Japan. Me, not so much. Some things are okay, but I never enjoyed sushi. I don't mind seaweed though, interestingly enough. The "moving fish" is called bonito.. dried fish flakes.. yum? They put it on lots of things. I don't think it has much taste. Trent is actually thrilled bc we found nori (seaweed) and sushi rice/vinegar, so I can make him sushi rolls here in Chicago.. ha.. yay?
Sushi is GOOD! You should try dried seaweed. Then, the cooked stuff suddenly doesn't taste so bad. Arm and I went to a sushi buffet, which also has meat you can cook at your table as well as sushi. YUM
I have tried dried seaweed...not a fan! That is what I took off of my sushi. The cooked seaweed is not bad.
Post a Comment