Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And then there were 4

Today our last guests left. I have to say that one month ago I felt a little overwhelmed at how many people were going to be coming through in January. However, God really blessed. Although it was busy...it was really good! Even having 4 kids in my home was a blast!
Yes, I do need a vacation now--but only from so much activity. In fact, yesterday I just needed a day to rest. My body finally gave out and I just didn't feel so good. So, I spent some time napping-something that I know I really needed.
Now we are getting back into the routine of 4. However, Chinese New Year is just around the corner and I know it is going to be CRAZY. This will be our first Chinese New Year in country. Someone reminded me that I might want to stock up on groceries before that time. Imagine Christmas shopping X5. Everyday in the supermarket here is like Christmas shopping. Now imagine what that would be like on a Chinese holiday. Let's just say that if at all possible, I will not be going to the store. I will be freezing lots of things before then. I am still American--I don't like crowds!This Friday is the kids last day of school for a couple weeks, and Joel and I will not be teaching after this week as well. So, I guess we really won't be getting into a "normal" routine for a while.
And for those of you who have asked about my health, I really am doing much better. The physical pain has not completely subsided, but most of the time I don't feel anything--although I really expected to be completely pain-free by now. Emotionally I am doing pretty good--as good as can be expected. I have been given a lot of comfort in knowing that Christ is in control and that for Him there are no surprises or accidents. This week I realized when reading about another friend who is pregnant, that soon I would have been having my first "real" ultrasound. Today I would have been 4 months pregnant--which is a little hard for me to imagine. I had begun to think that my mourning was over, but I guess there could possibly be more times that I will think about that precious little life and cry. Ultimately I know that God will give us another child in His own timing. I just need to relax and trust Him to do just that. And if He doesn't give us another child, I also trust that His way is best. :)

For all of our friends who visited: We miss you already. You are always welcome here. :)

1 comment:

Heather Hughes said...

I miss you all so much! Im glad to hear that life is good over there! ... I laughed out loud when I read the part about grocery shopping before new year - that is PROBABLY a good idea.