Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Busy Month

Last week we had some Americans come to our city to have a look around and to learn more about college life in a different culture, so we have spent some time helping them--they will be here for almost 3 weeks. And then this weekend, 3 very good sisters will be coming to stay with us. We are very excited. And tonight I just learned that a family is coming back to visit our city and will be staying with us as well (right after the first group leaves). So, this must be the month that God wants to teach me more about being a hostess. Maybe I will own a guesthouse sometime in my future??? Ha! I am excited to have the opportunity to have all these people here. We are always thankful when people come to visit. It is the closest thing to being home.

We celebrated New Year's last week with our new American friends, but they were struggling from jet lag, so I believe that they all actually missed the New Year. However, they did celebrate American New Year the next day around lunch time. That night we had some Chinese friends over. We played 4 on the couch, skip-bo, and uno. Isaac made it to midnight, and he even won one game of uno. He was very proud of himself.

Tomorrow we are going on a trip to another city to have a look around. It is a much bigger city than this one. They have a Wal-Mart and a Starbucks. I am not sure what all we are going to do, but I just love seeing new places, so I am excited about what cool "Chinese" things that we might see. I really enjoy the very historical/ancient Chinese sights, and I love seeing all of the handcrafts that have been passed down the generations.

I am told that the city we are going to is famous because it is where Bruce Lee's teacher's master is from. Does that make sense? That master is a very famous kung-fu fighter. So, I believe that there are some things there in that city that are about him. The city is also famous for a big Buddha statue there--not on the top of my list of things to see, but we might see it anyway. And ever since our Indian restaurant experience at Christmas, I am really craving more Indian food. So, maybe we will eat Indian food while we are there.

Well, once again I started this blog way too late. I am very tired, but I imagine that next week's blog will have many crazy pictures of us with Nat, Amy, and Amanda. So, be looking for those. I am sure we will have more hits than usual on the blog because those of you who know them will be wanting to check out what we do while they are here.

Until then...we will be counting down the days until our sisters come. :) We can't wait!

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

I cannot wait for you guys to visit with those sisters. I know that they will be such an encouragement to you all and that they will be shown many things while they visit. Father is cool like that! Enjoy!!!