Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Next Wednesday we will leave our home and head out for our trip to MALAYSIA! Ah, I am so excited. I need this break. We found round-trip tickets for 50 USD per person, so we are using some extra money to get a nicer condo while we are there. We plan on just taking it easy...spending a few days in KL...but mainly just getting some well-needed rest. We also plan on using some Christmas money from last year to go to the jungle. The kids are super excited about that. Then after our stay in Malaysia, we will spend about the same amount of time in HK. So, we should come back ready to get back to work.Today was one of those days that just made me realize how much I need a vacation. Language learning is really difficult for me, and lately I have really dreaded going to class everyday. Currently I am studying 10 hours a week with a teacher. My most recent goal has been to finish my Chinese level 5 book before we come back to the states. In order to do so, I have to be on pretty strict schedule. That has just been about the only thing that has kept me going to class everyday. Today I ended my class 30 minutes early and told my teacher I couldn't handle anymore. This is not the first time I have done this in the last month but more like the 4th or 5th time. Ah!!!!!
Last week was the Dragon Boat holiday. We didn't do much special, but our friends had anywhere from 3 to 5 days off of work, so it was quite busy. But for some reason, we didn't ever take our camera, so I don't have any new pictures this week. Sorry about that. I think I will make up for it in Malaysia.You can be remembering me next week. Believe it or not, what would have been my due date (July 1) is just around the corner. The same day that we get on a plane for Malaysia, I will be remembering that little one that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. I imagine I will filled with conflicting emotions. I am thankful that I will be somewhat distracted but I also don't want to forget all that happened and how God once again spared my life. I guess I feel a little confused about what I should be feeling like.

More pictures to come next week...

No comments: