Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Preparation

Recently I have been working on ideas for Autumn's birthday party. Last year at this time I was trying to figure out what kind of cake to make and how to tie it all together. However, this year I am thinking more about the gift we will give her. I had the idea to make her a Barbie dollhouse and now my mind is flooding with ideas. I saw a design on the internet that was carried out by first having a bookcase. Then the bookcase was transformed into the house. So I have finally tracked down the bookcase we will buy, but I must now think about how it will be decorated, etc. I am very excited about it--because I love being creative. Isaac is also excited because he gets to help and he likes to be creative too.

As for the theme of the party this year I have not fully decided. Autumn originally asked for a pony party but when I asked her again she said that she really didn't care what kind of party she has. So while I still may very well do a pony party, I will be looking soon for additional ideas of something that she would like.

This marks the 2nd week of school here. The kids are still enjoying it but they haven't had as much time to go outside as usual. Joel and I study in the mornings and then they go to school in the afternoon--so that really puts some limitation on when we can go outside. But I think tomorrow I might do my best to take them out before my teacher arrives.

Tonight we treated ourselves to a 5 star hotel. OK...not really. I mean, yes, we did go to a 5 star hotel, but it is our friend's room. They are out of town but they have a serviced apartment at the hotel. They gave us their key while they are away. So tonight the kids had a bath in a REAL bathtub and we were able to watch the Discovery Channel. It felt a lot like America. :)

I apologize for the lack of pictures. Our camera's flash decided that it wanted to die, so we are without pictures this week. Hopefully it will straighten up and start working again (it has done this a couple times before).

No comments: