Well, the flight was not as long as I remembered on our trip to Asia. The longest flight was about 14 hours of which Isaac stayed up the ENTIRE time. He watched movies. That might be the only time in his life that I allow him to sit for such a long time in front of a TV. And sweet Autumn watched a lot of movies as well, but she also took a cat nap for a few short hours. By the time we boarded our last flight from Detroit, we were all exhausted. Joel stayed awake, but the rest of us zonked out. I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get Autumn up to walk off the plane. I knew that I couldn't carry her because I had too many carry-ons to do so.
Then when we did land in Memphis and we turned the corner and saw our family waiting on us, Isaac went into panic mode. I guess it was overwhelming to him. He hid behind a corner and did NOT want to walk out to meet everyone. I couldn't get him to talk or anything. After about 5 minutes of me trying every way to convince him, I finally had to pick that big boy up and carry him. I am not sure how I was able to do that. Maybe adrenaline???
Since being back, they seem to be having a good time. I am not sure they will be ready to go back when that times comes. They are enjoying playing with friends and the break from cultural stress.
They also really enjoyed Kenny's wedding and believe it or not, Isaac was on the dance floor for the last half of the wedding. He only took breaks for water, and then he was back to dancing again. As we walked to the car to go home he said, "Can we go to another wedding tomorrow?"
1 comment:
don't know how I'm just now reading this but WELCOME HOME and you guys look WONDERFUL in these photos. Cara you look gorgeous in that dress! Joel cleans up pretty nice too! :)
Glad to hear you US visit is going well. Doubt I'll run into you, as life is busy busy over here and we leave for Ethiopia December 10th.
Take care!
Post a Comment