Monday, March 7, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

No, it has not been raining! It just started a little this morning but it reminded me of what it is like every year when the rainy season starts. Don't get me wrong, I really love rain and thunder....but I am just not quite ready for it yet. :)

Isaac and Autumn have taken their skates back out and wants the whole family to get involved, and seeing how Joel and I have some American weight to lose...we thought it was a pretty good idea. Joel went last week and bought some skates. He has already skated around with the kids once. Tonight we were supposed to go buy me some skates and then all go skating--but I am not sure since it looks like a rainy day.

I feel like our life is not exciting enough to do a blog every week. I mean, there are exciting things happening--but some things are not appropriate to tell on a public blog. ...if you know what I mean. We try to keep the blog just for family news, but every week it seems I really don't know what to say and I wonder "why would anyone want to read every week how the weather is here and random things about us".

We did start a new class this past Sunday and I was appointed during the class (not by choice) to be a song teacher for the next few months. Being that there were about 15 people there all watching, I really couldn't refuse. So that was not something that I was ready for, but I guess it gives me an opportunity to work on not being so nervous???

The kids are enjoying school, but Isaac's teacher says that he still doesn't really talk to his friends. He seems to have fun and likes going, but he has not gotten over the fear of speaking to them in Chinese. I am going to meet with my friend tomorrow and see if she will commit to teach him like I mentioned before. I think if he talks to her weekly, it will build his confidence.

Speaking of teachers, Joel and I are still looking.

Please be remembering my grandmother Gladys. She had surgery today on her knee, and she will have some physical therapy ahead that I know she is dreading. :) But I talked today and she seems as spunky as ever!

Look for a video next week of Isaac and Autumn's new crazy dance moves!

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

I for one LOVE reading about the weather and your "boring" daily life! It makes me feel close to you guys even when you're far away! Real friendships are in the day-to-day, seemingly mundane things... life! So keep it coming :)