Also, tonight Isaac had a very interesting discovery. We rushed home after our homeschool meeting, and I was trying to get the kids to hurry and get ready for bed. They had been in a playful mood all night. As Isaac was brushing his teeth he looked at me very seriously and said, “Here’s my tooth.” I really thought he was kidding, but he was serious. It just came out while he was brushing. It had been loose for about a week, but I was surprised that it came out this soon. Of course, we all remember what it feels like running your tongue where the tooth used to be and constantly looking in the mirror. Ha ha ha. I think he was quite relieved that it didn’t hurt. Autumn is a little jealous and said she wishes that she could lose one too.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
New Beginnings
Last week we went to the kids’ school for Children’s Day, and we wanted to share some pictures of our time there. They had some games set up in the foyer and outside as well as in some of the classrooms. For an hour the kids just walked around with their parents and played games together. Then the kids ate in their classroom, sang some songs, and then they went home for the day. Isaac and Autumn’s favorite game was the “Basket Toss.” They threw paper wads into a trash can, and of course it was their favorite because they didn’t miss! Everyone was impressed with “the Americans.”


Today Joel went and checked out a primary school for Isaac to attend in the afternoons. It seems that all is going to work out. The principal seemed very excited about Isaac coming and even wanted Isaac to join his calligraphy class. It looks he basically will be going for their extracurricular activities 2 days a week for a couple hours each day. There is also an option for him to go to a private school for the other 2 days, but it is a bit of a drive, so he will probably just stick to the one near our house.
Also, tonight Isaac had a very interesting discovery. We rushed home after our homeschool meeting, and I was trying to get the kids to hurry and get ready for bed. They had been in a playful mood all night. As Isaac was brushing his teeth he looked at me very seriously and said, “Here’s my tooth.” I really thought he was kidding, but he was serious. It just came out while he was brushing. It had been loose for about a week, but I was surprised that it came out this soon. Of course, we all remember what it feels like running your tongue where the tooth used to be and constantly looking in the mirror. Ha ha ha. I think he was quite relieved that it didn’t hurt. Autumn is a little jealous and said she wishes that she could lose one too.
It looks like we ARE going to try and sign Isaac up for swimming, but actually doesn’t look like it is going to be as big of an ordeal as we thought last year. He was REALLY scared of the water last summer, but I think having already gone to the water park a couple of times this year has helped his fears subside a little. We went this past Sunday to a friend’s apartment to swim, and he really wasn’t all that scared. He is still a little anxious, but he is so much better than last year. Our friend checked into lessons for him, and there is a pool pretty close to our house that offers lessons, so we really want to make that a priority this summer. The sooner he learns—the better.

Also, tonight Isaac had a very interesting discovery. We rushed home after our homeschool meeting, and I was trying to get the kids to hurry and get ready for bed. They had been in a playful mood all night. As Isaac was brushing his teeth he looked at me very seriously and said, “Here’s my tooth.” I really thought he was kidding, but he was serious. It just came out while he was brushing. It had been loose for about a week, but I was surprised that it came out this soon. Of course, we all remember what it feels like running your tongue where the tooth used to be and constantly looking in the mirror. Ha ha ha. I think he was quite relieved that it didn’t hurt. Autumn is a little jealous and said she wishes that she could lose one too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment