Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Isaac and Autumn are officially out of school for the summer. Their days have involved sleeping in a little later and walking around in their PJ’s as long as possible. J They are having a lot of fun together, and it is good to see them playing and enjoying one another. They are still very close friends.






Isaac started his kungfu class and as much as I would like to have some pictures, they don’t let the parents stay and watch. His classroom does not have any windows that we can see inside of, and they always close the door to keep in the cool air. I told him that I need to take some video of him practicing at home so that you all can see.


Autumn starts ballet next week, and she is really excited. It looks like I won’t have many pictures of that either. L But if I remember right, they both do have a performance at the end of their classes, so I should be able to get some pictures then.



We are still enjoying having our young friend from OBU here-she makes me feel a little younger or maybe she makes me feel a little older, I am not sure. She is only 20, but she seems to enjoy hanging out with me too—so I must not be way too old!


Our schedules have changed a little over the summer. While a lot of our classes have shut down for the break, we also have some extra things that we have been doing. However my goal is to spend as much time as possible with Isaac and Autumn—and do some fun things together. Tonight the kids went out and had a water gun fight. After that we ate some donuts and had a dance party. And last night we all sat and did a painting together.


We are in the process of preparing another parenting class along with a children’s character/value class. If any of you have any suggestions, let us know. We are going to be teaching from the book Boundaries with Kids. I have skimmed through it and it looks pretty good.

No comments: