I am a little behind this month on our blog. So I wanted to bring you up to speed on all that we have been doing lately.
At the end of July Joel and I went out of town and celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. We had a great time, and I think I already posted about that. While we were away our friend Whitley stayed with the kids and they had a great time together.
The following week we started our summer camp for kids. Monday through Sunday we went to the camp from early in the morning until about 2:00 in the afternoon. Since it is summer break one of our colleagues (another teacher) went back to her home in the Philippines, so we also took up her classes while she was away. So that was an additional 5 classes on my plate. I guess you can say that during camp week we were a LITTLE busy. Ha ha ha. It seemed like for the whole we were kinda juggling the camp and our classes and getting the kids to their ballet and kungfu lessons. I really apologize for not getting the blog out that week, but it was just crazy around here.
After the camp we left the very next day to go to Hong Kong, and believe it or not it is 2011 and not every hotel in the world has free internet. The hotel we stayed in is actually VERY NICE, but all guests have to pay an hourly fee for the internet, so we just decided to take a little break from technology and enjoy our time there. We met up with some other Americans there. Isaac went to Disney with some other kids, and Autumn got the opportunity to play with some kids closer to her age. It was really a good break for all of us.
This week we are getting back into a normal routine. We still have our colleague’s classes. She won’t be back until the end of August. It will be another busy week, but nothing like camp week! 2 weeks from now Joel and I have the opportunity to go to a Marriage Event, and I am super excited about it. We will have to leave the kids here for about 5 days, and our sweet friends have agreed to help us out by taking care of them. I can’t wait for that!
Family Happenings:
Isaac has lost his second tooth and seems to be growing up more and more every day. He is getting so tall. He is already up to my armpit (cara). Yesterday he went down and bought some bread from the bakery all by himself. I sent him out with the keys and some money, and he did it. I asked him if he was scared, and he told me that he wasn’t because he prayed in the elevator on the way there. I was so proud of him. It was his idea by the way. J
Autumn is enjoying ballet, but even after about 4 or 5 lessons she hasn’t learned much at all. They haven’t done any dancing at all. So far she has learned out to sit down and stand up, how to skip, and I am not sure what else. I am not sure if this is the way that it goes with ballet, or if her teacher is not very good. I would love to hear from any of you who know more about it.
Joel is as busy as ever. He is just like his dad—he doesn’t like to sit still. J He likes to always be doing something. So when we go on trips if he can’t get back to work immediately he starts feeling lazy and a little down. So I am hoping that today he gets some work done and feels like he has made some accomplishments on his “to do” list.
Me, well I am ok. I didn’t prepare myself very well for seeing lots of old friends in Hong Kong. We were so busy before we left, and I didn’t have much time to think through it all. I have found that for me being around young moms is very difficult even now, and being in Hong Kong in general brings back a lot of memories. I was pretty emotional during our time. Someone last week shared with me that even after we have moved on we still have “grief spasms.” I thought that was a pretty good picture of how I feel. Spasms are very uncontrollable and come when you don’t expect them. Sometimes they come because of situations you put yourself in, but sometimes they seem pretty random. Actually I am doing really good, but I want to condition myself so that those spasms will be less frequent.
We love and miss you guys! And we are especially missing Whitley since she went back last week. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment