I also made Autumn a doll--which I hope she likes. She has already seen the head of the doll because she was here when my friend and I were working on it, but she hasn't seen it all put together and she hasn't seen the clothes that I made for it. I told her that I was making it for a little girl that I know, and I think she has her suspicions but for the most part I think she has forgotten about it. I secretly hope it becomes her favorite doll since I put a lot of work and love into it, but we will see. I made it to look a little like her.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
This week has been a good break from the craziness of the summer. Thankfully our colleague comes back this week and will take back all of her classes. We sure did miss her! Having an extra 4 classes a week on my plate was tough but do-able.....but not so want-to-do-again anytime soon.
The kids have just one more week of break before school starts. Next week Joel and I will leave on Monday and return on Friday. We are going to a marriage retreat, and we still haven't found anyone to stay with the kids yet. Last night I lay in bed wondering how it was going to work and honestly worrying a little--but reminding myself that HE is good and that HE already knows--and wondering why I worry. Because even if it doesn't work out, HE knows why and HE is in control. So, I finally fell asleep--but I did feel pretty tired this morning.
Autumn's birthday is a week from Thursday, and we actually won't be here on her birthday. We will have to have her party after we come back from our trip. I have already started working on the plans. She wants an Ariel cake. Joel kept trying to convince her that she wanted a hippo cake, so she finally gave in. Now she says she wants Ariel riding on a hippo. Well, there will be no hippo. I am not on that level of cake-making yet. However, I can do Ariel. It actually might be one of the easiest cakes so far since I bought the Ariel Barbie and now all I have to do is bury her in the cake and make a mermaid tail. Shouldn't be too hard, right??? :)
I also made Autumn a doll--which I hope she likes. She has already seen the head of the doll because she was here when my friend and I were working on it, but she hasn't seen it all put together and she hasn't seen the clothes that I made for it. I told her that I was making it for a little girl that I know, and I think she has her suspicions but for the most part I think she has forgotten about it. I secretly hope it becomes her favorite doll since I put a lot of work and love into it, but we will see. I made it to look a little like her.
They have been helping do chores over the summer and Isaac is working to earn a huge lego set that he saw down the street. He gets about 15 Chinese dollars a week ($2.50) for doing his chores and it costs 120 Chinese dollars. I will let you know if he makes his goal. Autumn is also doing chores but she just wants to quickly spend her money every week. She doesn't quite understand the concept of saving or even saving for something really cool. She just wants instant gratification. They actually have been a really big help doing their chores, and it is good to give them responsibilities and to teach them to not be so lazy.
I also made Autumn a doll--which I hope she likes. She has already seen the head of the doll because she was here when my friend and I were working on it, but she hasn't seen it all put together and she hasn't seen the clothes that I made for it. I told her that I was making it for a little girl that I know, and I think she has her suspicions but for the most part I think she has forgotten about it. I secretly hope it becomes her favorite doll since I put a lot of work and love into it, but we will see. I made it to look a little like her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the doll is awesome! I am impressed, sure wish I was that crafty.... maybe one day! Don't you love how Daddy makes us wait so he can show us that He cares? I hope your retreat is amazing!! Happy early birthday to Autumn!
Post a Comment