Sunday, September 11, 2011

HE provided someone to watch our kids in His perfect time. Joel and I were at our Marriage Event last week, and it was a very sweet time. The kids stayed with our American friends for 2 nights and their Chinese grandma for 2 nights. I think they had a really good time, but they were pretty excited to see Mommy and Daddy again.

Joel and I learned a lot, and although I think we both went into it thinking our marriage is healthy--we still picked up a lot of tools that will be helpful. We also got some various ideas about things that we can do for marriage and family stuff here in our city. It really was a good week.

I (Cara) also sat down with a counselor who was helping lead the event, and it was very helpful just to get my feelings out in the open (about grief) and hear from someone who hears from a lot of other people. I feel like talking to her opened my eyes up to things that I knew already--but in a new light. It was good to hear that I am not crazy or anything, and that I need to be comfortable with where I am emotionally. I was very reluctant about talking to someone, but I feel a lot more relieved now.

Autumn went back to preschool this week, and she is now in her last year there. The first day started off a little rocky, but today seemed to be much easier and more enjoyable. Isaac goes tomorrow to check-out first grade and get signed up for his extracurricular activities. I am hoping that he is brave and not so intimidated by the size of the school. :)

This week Joel and I are preparing to get back into the swing of homeschooling, language study, and all of our teaching classes. I think I actually prepare "the swing of things" because it is consistent and I know what to expect. I don't like last-minute planning. I am a "scheduler/organizer" person. So after next week I think I will feel much more at ease in knowing what lies ahead for the next several months.

We miss you guys. It is hard to believe that it has already been a year since our time of preparing to go to the states. We left at the end of Sept. last year to go back--it really has gone by fast.

No comments: