Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We caved

We finally gave in! Our kids have been wanting a puppy for a LONG TIME—maybe half their life. J Some friends of ours bought their daughter a puppy for Christmas with the condition that she was fully responsible for the little guy. Let’s just say that she wasn’t ready for parenthood yet. A few days ago “ CoCo ” came to stay with us on a trial basis—because of my allergies. So far so good… We have been working on potty-training him and today he just had one accident—so victory!!! It looks he will be staying with us for good although we haven’t officially made that decision yet. An interesting thing about Coco …. the family that bought him runs a foster home for special needs babies. When the daughter saw CoCo she instantly fell in love with him…maybe because God has given her a special love for those who need it most. CoCo was born with only one eye but other than that he is a very healthy and energetic little ball of fur! He is a poodle although I always though poodles were very goofy looking—I guess it is all in the haircut.

The kids are enjoying being out of school until the middle of February. We are looking forward to Joel’s parents coming soon and are even going to take an overnight train for the first time. I am sure we will have lots of pictures from that trip.

This is a short post but I wanted to make sure and let you know we are doing good and missing you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the stuffed animal.. well that is what I thought when I first saw the picture of it!

Glad to hear that you's guys are doing great. P that everything continues to go well for you and yours I am encouraged by your emails and devotion!

Love.... Ben, Jen, Bethany and SOON! ever so soon Brianna