We wake up at 4am tomorrow to go pick up Joel's parents. As the kids are excited (and I am too!!!) 4 am is really early! ha ha ha. Their plane gets in at 6am, and the airport is 2 hours away. Crazy! I told Joel we should spend the night closer to the hotel so that we wouldn't have to wake up so early but he thought that would be too much trouble. So I guess we will be having jet lag too.
CoCo the puppy is doing well. Joel has just about got him potty-trained, and he is sleeping through the night. We heard that you are supposed to put them in a really small cage so that they don't use the bathroom while they are in there. It has worked during the day when we had to go out, but the past 2 nights he has pooped in the middle of the night in the cage. So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ear! I am tired of giving early morning baths. :)
We said goodbye this week to our best-est friends here in this city. They moved to another part of the country. It was really difficult saying goodbye, and it is just not going to be the same without them. BUT...God is good and He knowing all things also made it the week that family would come and that we would get a call about friends coming to adopt! He always takes care of us.
We are looking forward to a week and a half off of school while family is here. I actually brought their materials home to study here but it will be more laid back since our schedule will be "off."
I have no new pictures this week. Nothing too exciting has happened other than some bizarre things with our electricity. One day last week we lost power in our apartment and had to call a repairman. Of course it was Chinese New Year Day! So thankfully someone from the complex came. He couldn't completely figure it out and just told us to be really careful plugging things in until another repairman could come. So on Monday I was here when the new guy came. He replaced part of the breaker, put it all back together, and then I hard....pop...pop....pop. It sounded like a bunch of light bulbs popping! And then I heard...."ah....this is not good". So he went to get another part and then that still didn't work. He finally figured out something--but he was here for a good hour and a half. Then about 30 minutes after he left all the power went out!!! I flipped it back on because I was just really annoyed at this point. That was yesterday. This morning I had the heater on in the shower and after I got finished showering I turned it off, but when Joel went in there a few minutes later the heater was still running even though it was turned off...the lights were also flickering and turning off and on. I would turn on the hair dryer and all the lights in the room would go off but the hair dryer would still work! Then Joel unplugged the heater and everything seemed ok. So I am not sure what is going on. Any electricians out there??? For now the repairman hasn't come back--waiting to see if the heater was just the problem or if something else is going on.
I should have more pictures next week from our trip to the mountains. Pray for warm weather--a miracle that would be!
No comments:
Post a Comment