Two thousand years ago my sweet Jesus died for me.
We tend to gloss-over our sin, but its pretty clear that God takes sin seriously. I was reading just this morning from the Old Testament and some of the punishments that God gave. One that really stuck out to me was "Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death." (Ex 21:17)
Wow! It suddenly hit me how many "small" things I do that are not small at all to God and shouldn't be small to me. This year on Easter morning I am thankful for many things, but I am very thankful for God's forgiveness and His love.
I am thankful that He would give his Son and that He would endure that separation so that I could be forgiven and pardoned of death which I so much deserve.
I am thankful for how He continually draws me back to Himself...and draws me to my knees--even by giving me circumstances that are not what I would choose for myself.
I am thankful that He has given me a family that loves. A husband who loves and would lay down his life for me. Two precious children who love no matter where we are or where we are going. And a cherished baby in Heaven who loves while running freely in the lush green pastures of perfection.
I am thankful that God has me where I am.
I am thankful that we have hope in the promises that God has given to us.
I am thankful for an extended family in this foreign land--a family who loves Jesus as much as I do.
I am thankful for my family in America and for the ways that God has provided to keep in touch with them, for the way that even after years of not seeing them ...when we get together it is like no time was lost.
Father, thank you for sending Your Son. I have only seen a fraction of what that separation must have felt like, but I know that it was a sacrifice even greater than what Abraham felt as he led Isaac up to the altar. Thank You for your continual forgiveness and for the way that You use circumstances to always bring me back to my knees. Thank You that by experiencing grief and pain I have come to understand more how great is Your love, grace, and mercy. Father, I thank you for the ways that You continually humble me and show me that I am nothing without You. On this Resurrection Sunday we have so many reasons to be thankful!
2 comments:
What a beautiful post, Sissy! All of us have so much to be thankful for. We miss all of you so very much and can't wait to see you.
Love,
Mom
What a beautiful post, Sissy! We all have so much to be thankful for. We love you all so much and can't wait to see you!!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment