Sunday, September 2, 2012

No Boys Allowed!

Yesterday was Autumn's 6th birthday party.  Autumn's request this year was for a "dress-up party."  So naturally we didn't really ask the boys to come.  Daddy, Isaac, and Uncle Doug came but none of our little boy friends!  All the girls dressed up like princesses and Isaac dressed up as Peter (from the Bible).

Every year I always make a special cake for the kids for their birthday and it is always a surprise.  This year Autumn gave me several options: a puppy, a princess, Tinker Bell, a butterfly...  I have one rule. I don't like to do the same thing twice.  I had already done a puppy, princess, and a butterfly--so Tinker Bell it was! 

I started the cake on Saturday morning and I gave Autumn one hint--the cake was going to be green.  At first she thought I was kidding and then when she realized I was serious the drama came.  :)  "I don't like green, Mommy!  Please don't make it green!"  I held my ground and she eventually went in her room really upset even though I promised her she would like it in the end. And she did!!!

The party was pretty laid back, I didn't have any special activities for the kids.  I just let them dress up and play here around the house.  We ate fruit and cake and just visited together--nothing special.  But Autumn had a great time and was acting really excited (and much less shy) when she opened her presents. 




 She is very thankful for all the birthday wishes and can 't wait to come back to the states for a visit.  Both of the kids talk about it a lot.  And it will be here soon.  We leave to go to Thailand right at 2 months from now.  So we are already thinking about packing, paying ahead all the bills, etc.  It is going to be a busy 2 months!!!

No comments: