Sunday, May 18, 2008

Soon to Be Home Alone




We are soon to be home alone. Katie and Granny left yesterday, and Kenny will leave tomorrow. I am afraid that it is going to be pretty lonely around our house for a few days. It is going to be strange going back to an empty house. We are currently in a big city working on our visa, and we hope to have it completed and be back home tomorrow sometime.

We have had a great week, and I think the kids enjoyed the company just as much as either of us. It was an action-packed week, and they are still asking, "where is Katie and where is Granny?" I am sure they will remember them FOREVER now. They have a ton of memories...and a ton of pictures.

We have also had a great time in the big city...eating Krispy Kreme, McDonald's, and Starbucks. Yesterday I closed my eyes in the hotel and really felt like I was in America...with the Discovery Channel in the background. But I got a little sad when I realized that although I had a lot of American things at my fingertips...my friends were already hundreds of miles away in an airplane.

Check out some pictures from our week!

1 comment:

Kim Stubblefield said...

J&C - love this post!! When I read your message about everyone leaving it just made me realize how much we will love our final home...all together all the time...and we'll be perfect, not scarred as we are now...ya'll look great...and the kids are growing so much I just can't believe it. You are in my thoughts always!