Today marked Isaac's official first day of summer break. And, Autumn was certainly glad to see him stay home. Of course, the usual petty fighting still ensued, but all-in-all, they both really enjoyed it.
.JPG)
This picture really has no special meaning. Honestly, I just thought the hair was hilarious. Hope you enjoy it as well. :)
.JPG)
You may be wondering what this is exactly. And, although it is very difficult to tell, it is actually a small bat. This week, he decided to take a short fly into our apartment while the sliding doors were open. I had gone down to meet a friend, and when I came back up, Cara was looking a little frazzled. She said there was a bat in our house, but she didn't know if it was still inside or not because she had taken flight to the other room and had not seen it since. Turns out, it was still in the house. It came flying out and circled around the lights for a couple minutes. Then, for some reason, he just dropped to the ground. I was able to push him out to the porch and close the doors. Then, we took this picture. It was very funny how Cara immediately became very concerned for the "poor little guy" once he was outside the apartment. But, don't worry, he was fine. He laid still for awhile, then got up and flew away.
.JPG)
And, this is Isaac's class doing their performance for the end of year ceremony. Isaac is not in the picture, because it was all a little too much for him. He joined the class in the middle of the term, not to mention the completely different culture and the fact that he is the only non-Chinese student in the entire school. So, we certainly didn't push him to do it. At the time, I asked him if he liked going to school. He said, "Yes, Daddy, I like going to school. I just don't like having to dance with everyone!" So, we all just watched.
.JPG)
We had some more friends over to the house this week and Isaac and Autumn absolutely loved playing with them. If it works out, this should be a weekly get-together. I don't think they will object.
.jpg)
Finally, Isaac has really taken an interest in coloring lately. And, he has made some great strides as well. Every time he does a new one, we are amazed at how well he is staying in the lines. So, we thought we'd give you a sampling.
We love you all!
5 comments:
Mom and Dad, I think that the fact you did not force Isaac to sing and dance was great! And I love his picture! He really is doing a great job! - Ms. Christy
I would love to have one of Isaac's masterpieces! Send me one when you can. Love you all!
Hello everyone, Cara I would feel the same way as you about the bat. Autumn was having a bad hair day. I am sure you all enjoyed the program even though Isaac was just watching. You made the right decision. I also love seeing his pictures. Love Mom
Hello everyone, Cara I would feel the same as you about the bat. Autumn was having a bad hair day. Someday soon she will really care about her hair. Enjoy these days now. So glad Isaac enjoyed his school but I can understand how he would not want to get up in front of a lot of people. We really love seeing how the children are growing. Love Nana and Pop
Loving the comments....keep them coming. It gives an insight to their personalities! :)
Post a Comment