Monday, September 22, 2008

Amazing!

Last week I wrote how my purse was stolen at KFC. I was so sad. I told the family that it was not that big of a deal, but really deep in my heart I was upset that I had lost that specific purse. But then again, I also understood that it was just a material object and I shouldn’t be so attached to something like that. Well, anyway…that night I laid in bed upset about the event that day. I prayed, “God, why did they have to do something like that—something so selfish? They didn’t even get anything of worth to them. (For some reason that day I had forgotten my cell phone at home along with my money as well). I pray that wherever they are, they are plagued with guilt. I pray that as long as that purse is in their possession, they will feel guilt and be unable to sleep.” Then I felt a peace and was able to drift off to sleep.

Joel and I went out of town to work on purchasing a new visa. While there I received an email from a friend of mine at work. She asked if I had lost or had my purse stolen. I couldn’t believe it! After giving her more details she informed me that my purse had been found in a taxi the night that I had said that prayer. So, this week I drove to the taxi company and picked up my purse. And even though many don’t believe me, every single thing was still there! From the smallest pen to my keys…to the Big Good Book, it was all there! What an answer to prayer! Now…I have such an awesome testimony of God’s love and faithfulness to His children!

Below are some additional pictures from our short trip to Hong Kong. It was beautiful outside and just a little warm. So, we had a great time as a family.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Cara!!! That is amazing!! --Lindsey

Unknown said...

wow what a blessing .. God works in the small things too!