Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time Away

Today we left our city to travel across the border for visa purposes. We made a mistake and timed our trip on a holiday, so we are actually having to stay here an extra day because the visa office is closed tomorrow. Although it seems like a waste of time in some ways, I think it will actually be good for us to have more time to relax a little. The kids are excited--as they really love taking trips and getting to eat some Western food.
This past weekend we were able to go to our friend's birthday party. It was a lot of fun. I told Joel that I felt more at home going to a party--it seems more like what normal life would be like in America. And then....something horrible happened. My purse was stolen. Ah!!! I wanted to cry so bad, but the family of the little girl felt terrible. I choked back the tears, and later I counted my blessings--that it was not snatched from me. I would rather not have nightmares of someone looking in my face and taking my stuff. And I am thankful that I didn't have to fight for it. So, although I am very sad, I am grateful that it happened the way that it did. And it was a good reminder that nothing in this world is eternal, and that there is only one thing (or really--One PERSON ) I should be clinging to.
I am really looking forward to the time we have here, although it was not initially planned to be here this long, I really think it will be good for us. We don't have any appointments other than the visa stuff. So, we can just hang out and spend time as a family while we wait on it to be processed.

We would love to hear from all of you. We miss you!

2 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

Cara, thank you for keeping up with this blog. Although I do not post much, I so enjoy reading all of your updates. The kids are getting so big, and I love hearing how you guys are being provided for. Keep up the good work. :) Thinking of you, and wanting you to know.

Chris, Kelly, Christopher, and Ty Collinsworth said...

Sissy - we miss you guys so much! Think about you daily. Hugs and kisses..... Your family - Chris, Kelly, Christopher, and Ty