Monday, September 1, 2008

Autumn is 2!!!

This week we were able to eat dinner with the cutest little girl and her family. Her name is Lisa. She and her family are from the North, so their language is actually quite understandable to us. Their daughter may start coming over on the weekends to practice English with us while we practice learning our new language as well.
Autumn finally had her birthday, and she is 2!!! She had a very good party. I would say in all, about 10 people came. She had a great time, and she received a lot of gifts. I believe her favorite was the bike--of course! However, she also enjoys playing with her doll house, books, Barbie, and stuffed puppy. Honestly, she wasn't too interested in the cake this year. She preferred to pick off the grapes instead. Yes, the cake here comes complete with fruit on the top.
The party was pretty much the same as in America. We sang. Isaac blew out the candles for Autumn (she was too shy--imagine that!) Then we ate some fruit and cake. We forgot to buy the ice cream. And then Autumn opened up her gifts.


I am also including a picture from the park. It is still such a culture shock to me to go, because there are so many people, and we draw a crowd. In this picture, you can see how popular Joel is with the kids. He is like a kid-magnet.

2 comments:

Chris, Kelly, Christopher, and Ty Collinsworth said...

Happy Birthday Autumn! We love you very much! Uncle Chris, Aunt Kelly, Christopher, and Ty

Shelley said...

Hey Cara! Your sister in law left a message on my blog. She found it through someone else's I guess. My mom taught Christopher in first grade so I am going to forward her blog to my mom. I am glad to see that you all are doing well. Your children are so cute. Your grandma keeps me posted about you and your family. She told me about her trip to China and about the potty's on the floor. : ) And she also told me a week or so ago that your little girl said a whole sentence in Chinese. WOW! It is amazing how fast little ones can learn a language. I hope to hear from you sometime.
God Bless,
Shelley