Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Picture Opportunity: Cancelled


Well, we did take a trip to the Big City this past weekend. First we met up with a Chinese friend of ours who has been living in America. We had a great time with him, and I guess we might not see him again until we go back next fall. Over lunch, we discovered that Isaac had a fever and Autumn had diarrhea. So, our adventures for the day consisted of checking into the hotel and watching the Discovery Channel...(and making frequent trips to the bathroom).
However, that night we did venture out for a boat cruise. We put a diaper on Autumn and hoped for the best. That night, Isaac showed more symptoms of being sick, so we took it easy on Saturday and just spent time with some other friends that we know who live in that city.On Saturday night we planned on going back to our house by bus, but we then realized that the typhoon had hit and it might not be the safest idea. Our notions to stay one more night were finalized when Isaac again reminded us of his symptoms in the subway....nice! So, we spent one more night in the Big City and then came home on Sunday.

Since then we have been trying to stay out of the heat and get in some studying. Joel and I have still been teaching at the English Camp. It ends this Friday. Today Isaac began his summer Chinese lessons. I really felt like it would be a good idea for the kids to have some Chinese playtime/listening in the summer. So, one of our college friends is coming to read to them, play games, and do some flashcards. Autumn was still sick today and was asleep most of the time. Isaac had a great time with our friend, and I think he was excited about how many words he was able to show his friend that he knows! I am attaching some pictures.

Joel and I are still getting geared up for anniversary on August 3, and it also looks like we will be making a trip across the border soon because of our visa. I am going to do Autumn's birthday shopping while I am there--they have a Toys R Us. So, I am excited about that. Anyone got any ideas what a 3 year old would want for her birthday???? Can you believe she is going to be 3 (on September 1)? Isaac turned 3 right after we came to China. It is crazy to believe that Autumn is already to that point.

1 comment:

Nelle said...

Autumn is going to wonder why everyone is white. Haha