Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Post 109


It is hard to believe that this is the 109th time I (or Joel) have sat down to write a blog. That seems like a lot. Maybe if my blogs were a little more interesting, I could actually make a book out of them when I finish this journey. :)
So as I am sure you all know, this past week was Independence Day. We did celebrate! We had grilled hamburgers, American chips, watermelon, and ice cream. NO FIREWORKS! However, it really was a good day. One of Joel's classes came over along with an American friend of ours (OK...our only American friend here). Basically we just BBQ'd and played a group game. Of course, we had class as well. :)
Last week seemed very slow, but this week seems to be making up for it. We have a busy week ahead of us. We have several couples/friends invited over for dinner this week, so I imagine I will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Tonigh we had Mexican food. Chinese people here really seem to like Mexican food. Maybe one of you brave souls could come over and start a restaurant. I think it would be quite successful. The problem is that pretty much everything must be made from scratch....from the tortillas to the salsa....it is all done from the most raw materials.

This week marks the kids' last week of school until fall. They will start again on September 1. It is going to be quite different having them around every morning. I hope that they can learn a lot of things at home....like swimming, reading, Bible stories, songs, etc. It should be a good time for them. We also have a Chinese college-age friend who is possibly going to come over a couple of days a week to play with them in Chinese.
There is really nothing else exciting that I can tell you. We hope to go to visit a bigger city in the next week or two, and Joel and I are working on planning our anniversary (August 3). So there are some exciting things coming up, but as of now...I have nothing exciting to share.

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

You totally should do a book with your blog posts. Do different volumes, year 1, year 2, etc. I think you'd really enjoy looking back on the pictures and things you wrote about. It would be a cool coffee table book or books for you guys at a later day. GREAT idea!