Our friends traveled to come see us this past week. We first went to Disney, and the kids had a blast of course! The favorites included: the teacups (of which Cara was the only adult to participate), the scary Winnie the Pooh ride, the carousel, and the wild river adventure boat ride. See some pictures below of our trip to Disney with the Owensby family.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Back to Reality
I really did intend to put pictures up after last week's blog, but I had no idea of the whirlwind I was about to enter. We had a BLAST, but we also were very busy and I don't think I even got on facebook one time while people were here. So, I do apologize for that, but I hope to make up for it with lots of good pictures on this post. ;) Pardon the lengthiness of this blog.
Our friends traveled to come see us this past week. We first went to Disney, and the kids had a blast of course! The favorites included: the teacups (of which Cara was the only adult to participate), the scary Winnie the Pooh ride, the carousel, and the wild river adventure boat ride. See some pictures below of our trip to Disney with the Owensby family.








In addition to Disney, we were able to celebrate Isaac's party in full American style. All of the guests were American, and we even at Pizza Hut. You can't beat that for an American party. Maybe it was a highlight for our guest as well, as I think they were looking forward to a meal of comfort. :) Isaac was thankful to have his mommy make a dinosaur cake, and to get an abundance of gifts from friends and family back home. We were even able to share the party with them via the web. Thank you to all who were able to get on and join in (even internetguy). It really was a great day, and I think Isaac was very excited to be able to share it with all of his friends. What a sweet memory.



There are not many pictures of the guys from the trip. Maybe they were hiding behind a camera, or maybe they weren't hiding and I was just too focused on all those cute little kids. :)

Saying goodbye is always hard. For the kids, they have gotten use to saying goodbye, and I think they do a better job than me of preparing themselves for the temporary-ness of a visit like this. For me, I am reminded of how much I miss family and friends and how much my life lacks that social interaction that we had before. I get pretty emotional about saying goodbye, but I cannot express in words how thankful I am to have people who will shell out the cash and make that long journey. I believe 100% that God knows what we need more than we do, and each time someone has come to visit I have really need that time. This visit was no different. We are thankful that each of you came, and we are thankful that you brought your children. Some people may have told you were crazy for bringing them along, but God knew what He was doing when He laid that on your heart. We love you, and thanks for spending a week with us. :)


Our friends traveled to come see us this past week. We first went to Disney, and the kids had a blast of course! The favorites included: the teacups (of which Cara was the only adult to participate), the scary Winnie the Pooh ride, the carousel, and the wild river adventure boat ride. See some pictures below of our trip to Disney with the Owensby family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks like Isaac and Autumn are really becoming Asian with them holding up the peace or victory sign. Cara I am so glad they filled a need for it. I remember how hard it is to see visitors leave although I was not that far away from family and friends. Joel I am sure you had some very good talks with Bobby and the other men. We love you all.
Hi Joel & Cara (Isaac & Autumn too), I love the blog this week...long or not, it was precious. I could hear the excitement in your writing about all the fun times you had this week. I am so glad that you were refreshed and renewed by your time with freinds. And what a treat for all the kids to have time together. May Father continue to bless you! You may be distant in miles but not in our hearts!
In Him, Valerie Hansen
That's AWESOME that the Owensby's came to visit!!! And WOW it's been so long since I've even seen their kids - they are HUGE!!! Growing up quick - all of them!!! Great photos. So glad you were blessed with the time and fellowship!
Post a Comment