Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flat Drew and Flat Riley

l

Again, it is back into the swing of things now that our friends have left. This is a picture of Cara on her Saturday "Parent-Child" English class. Just recently I have realized that we don't have enough of these pictures, so I hope to do a better job of keeping a record of what we do over here. I know that one day I will not just want an album full of scenery, but I will want to remember the people that we knew and the things that we did.


On family day this week we went to KFC and then we just played around outside on the playground. As you can see, the weather just can't make up its mind what it wants to do. The day that our friends left, it was a little chilly and I really was wishing I would have worn my fleece, but this week we have gone back to the heat.
Isaac is very proud to be a 5 year old now. It is hard to believe how fast he is growing and how much he has learned since being here. He is a very handsome little boy (I am a proud mom, can't you tell?) and he really is very sweet.

Autumn is our dare-devil, outgoing child. Although she seems a little shy at first, she really is CRAZY!! However, even when our friends were here she never quite got comfortable enough to show her true colors. I am not quite sure who passed on the most DNA to her, but she definitely is a character.

Here is one of her mischievous looks!

Well you might be wondering about the title of this week's blog "Flat Drew and Flat Riley." For Isaac's birthday he received a flat Drew and Autumn received a flat Riley. Drew and Riley are their cousins--Joel's brother's cute kids (they must have gotten their good looks from their mom). Anyway, we are journaling our adventure with our new friends Flat Drew and Flat Riley, and I thought the easiest way to share with them would just be to add to the end of each week's blog. So, feel free to skip this part or read along each week--it is up to you.


Dear Drew and Riley,
What fun we have had this week with Isaac and Autumn. You would not believe how cool China is. Well, really it is not cool. It is quite hot here. On Friday, Isaac and Autumn took us to eat at KFC. The food here at KFC is just like the food in America.

I think Isaac really misses American food. He told me that every Friday he likes to either go to McDonald's or KFC. This week we went to KFC and we even got to play on the slide.

After we ate lunch, we went back to Isaac and Autumn's apartment and we got to play more on the playground. We hung on the bar together, but Autumn and Isaac couldn't hold on as long as we could.
Then their Mommy wanted to take a group picture. We are having a lot of fun here, but we miss you. Their Mommy and Daddy said that they might ship us back to America after Thanksgiving. We hope to see you soon! We will write again next week.
Love,
Flat Drew and Flat Riley

3 comments:

Erin, Consider It Joy blog said...

Haha...that is too cute.

Circle H Ranch said...

Cara, It is so cute the way you are going to take Drew and Riley around China. I know they will enjoy it. We miss you all so much. And I agree that Isaac is so sweet and Autumn is a character but she is wonderful. We love you all.

Mrs. McGoo said...

love the flat drew & flat riley idea. too cute!