Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flat Drew and Flat Riley Part TWO

OK, if you look at our pictures from last week, it doesn't look like it is very cold, but tonight when we went out....Autumn wore a winter hat. It is cold and windy. I really do not remember it being this cold last year until January!!! So, maybe we are in for a long winter, or maybe this is just a little cold spell. Either way, we did not go out near as much this week as we usually do.
Here is a picture of the kids dressing up. I thought Autumn looks pretty funny. She looks like a cross between a hobo and a princess. :) I like the way she has that purple bow on her head. Only she would put all that together.This week we have a wedding that we are attending. Autumn is going to be the flowergirl. However since the weather has changed, I had to go out and buy Autumn a thick dress tonight. They said it didn't matter what she wears. I could not find anything warm in white, so I went with black...I figured she would at least blend in with the ring bearer. I wouldn't do that in America, but I really did not know what else to do. You will have to let me know what you think of her look after the next blog.

Cara is supposed to sing at the wedding reception, so you can pray that her voice will hold up and that they will get the accompaniment figured out. It has been a little headache--partly because I (Cara) waited until the last minute. Ooops.

So, this week is going to be a busy one with working out the details of the wedding and doing all the other normal things we do in a week. I imagine that after Saturday night is over, we are going to want a mini-vacation.

And now for our next edition of Flat Drew and Flat Riley

Dear Drew and Riley,

Flat Riley has been thankful that you sent her with a sweater on. Autumn doesn't have any clothes that fit her, and it has been really cold here. I, Flat Drew, do not have a sweater, but I am being tough and trying to not let Flat Riley know that I am cold.
This week we ate at Pizza Hut, but we didn't take any pictures. Pizza Hut here is really good. It really is Isaac's favorite. He normally chooses McDonald's--but only because Pizza Hut is more expensive.

Tonight Uncle Joel was teaching some of his friends English, and since we don't hear a lot of English here, we decided we might need a course. So, we sat in on his class.
These are our two new friends Ruth and Ralph. They are very nice.
Aunt Cara and Autumn went out shopping tonight for Autumn's dress for the wedding, so we stayed home with Isaac while he colored a dinosaur coloring book. When Aunt Cara came home, it was time to go to bed. So, after Isaac and Autumn brushed their teeth, we all went to bed. We told Aunt Cara that we don't brush our teeth. She offered to find something to brush them, but we didn't think that would be good for our paper. Here are some pictures of us all on the air mattress. After Isaac and Autumn drifted to sleep, we sneaked out of the room and relaxed on the couch. What a day!
We miss you!
Love,
Flat Drew and Flat Riley

2 comments:

Don, Jana, Natalie and Rachel said...

ya'll are toooooooooo funny! Love it!

Danelle Marie Singhanart said...

Isaac's already been a ring bearer once and I don't know if he liked it or not. But I hope he still likes those legos :D. Miss y'all and I'm anxious to hear how Cara's doing.