A tubal pregnancy is when the baby begins to develop inside the fallopian tube rather than in the womb. I have only been able to find one case worldwide in which a child survived in the tube, and we can be sure that was only by the hand of God. Not only was my baby's life in jeopardy, but my life was also in danger. If a baby grows inside the tube, it is a very real possibility that the tube will rupture and thus cause the mother to go into shock and quite possibly die--unless treated very quickly.
So, at the direction of some very good doctors I left this city and went to Hong Kong. There I saw another doctor. Long story short...I did in fact have a tubal pregnancy. It came down to the fact that a decision had to be made, and surgery was scheduled. In surgery, the doctor was unable to save the tube because over half of it was involved. So, my left fallopian tube was removed. The results from this surgery are not very life-changing, but losing my unborn baby has been a long and difficult challenge that is life-changing.
We hear of these sorts of things too often, and it is difficult to understand many times. However, for a mother the moment she hears of a life inside her body, that is her child. Even though there were problems involved, the longer I carried my baby the more precious he became. I have a peace about saying goodbye and seeing him again real soon, but grief is still very real. And the hard part is that many times, we as mothers feel like we go through that all alone because not too many people seem to understand or want to talk about it. Please continue to pray for me that I will be able to talk about my experience without other people feeling awkward (I am one of those people who needs to talk about things to cope), and pray that I will be able to encourage others in similar situations.
On a much lighter note.... :)We spent a total of 7+ days in Hong Kong and after all the surgery was over, we were able to get a lot of rest. And on our last day in Hong Kong we went to go see a life size replica of Noah's ark. It was fun to get out, but it was a lot of walking.
We miss you all and are looking forward to next year's holidays in the states.
We love you. Thanks again for all of your emails, kind words, and prayers in our difficult week of saying goodbye to our baby who went home.
No comments:
Post a Comment