Today I worked all day and then came home to help Joel finish preparing for a Christmas party. We invited Isaac and Autumn's teachers over for some snacks and a little get-together. They all came bringing gifts for the kids---they were quite excited. So, we sang some songs and read a story. Then we took several pictures. Chinese people really love taking pictures. :) Then Autumn decided to give us all a fashion show--as she often does. She was trying to be shy and humble--yeah right!!! But I could see that sly grin when no one else was looking. She eats up all the attention.
Then Joel and I sat together on the "comfy" couch to watch Man vs. Wild--something that we do about once or twice a week. We don't watch much TV in China. Ok, we don't watch ANY TV in China, but occasionally we watch a favorite tv show on the internet.
We have a couple more days planned this week where some friends are coming over to fellowship and eat snacks. This month is proving to be busy like last year--but it seems less stressful. That is always a blessing.
My health is getting better, but I have been experiencing more pain than when I first came home from Hong Kong. I think it is normal, but you can all be remembering me. This morning it was enough that I really did not want to go to work and was a little nervous about going so far in the opposite direction of my home and the hospital. I am sure things are fine, but I am ready to feel fully recovered.
I wanted to share with you all some pictures from tonight. I am sure we will have more next week that look very similar. :)
In just one week we will be heading out to visit some friends in a different city where we lived before. We are so excited, and I am excited that I will be spending my birthday there. I think it will be a little strange to not be home on Christmas day, but I am super excited about going back and seeing old friends and my old favorite spots.
I hope in no way you feel cheated from this blog tonight. Even though I am tired I tried to tell you just about everything I am thinking right now. ;) I am hoping that Flat Drew and Flat Riley will want to take the trip with us to our old city (if they are still around...I haven't seen them in a while....oh no!). If I can find them, we will have part 3 of Flat Drew/Flat Riley next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment