Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Flashbacks



This week I have been reminded of how much time has passed since we first arrived in China. Take a look at some of the pictures from the day we moved to China (2 pictures below in South Korea airport). The kids were SO small. They really have grown a ton!I am also reminded of how long we have actually been in this one house. This marks 2 years here, and we haven't stayed in one house much longer than 3 years maximum. So, we have spent quite a big chunk of the kids' lives in this little apartment. (Here are 2 pictures from the week that we moved to our current city)And I imagine when we come back to the states, we will notice how much things have changed. When we left: Bush was president. The price of gas had risen to about $3.4o/gallon and then it dropped considerably around the time we left. Our CCC group was meeting at the theater. Construction was just beginning near the Baptist Women's Hospital. Erin and Bobby only had 3 kids. :) ...with one on the way. I can't think of what else, but I am sure when we get back I will think things have CHANGED in 3 years time.

For us in what will be 3 years: We have exited and entered the country at least a couple dozen times. We will have stepped foot over at least 5 different "territories/countries". Autumn had the bottom of her nose split across. Cara was hospitalized for a week. We had 6 hamsters, 2 handfuls of fish, and 2 turtles. Joel was gone long enough to acquire a taste for vegetables. And Isaac has learned chess well enough to beat his mom.I was reminded tonight of how much our neighbors have seen of our lives and how they have watched our little munchkins grow into kindergarten-aged children. They were just saying tonight how much Autumn has grown. Overall we have adjusted well and with all of these flashbacks I can see how much we have grown in all areas of our lives. And I can also so how much more this place has become like home than when we first arrived.

No comments: