Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Roach Feet


Tonight I had a friend over to show me how to make some Chinese dishes. She is from another province, so I knew that I would prefer her cooking over the things that are special to this place. You might be thinking at this point that she cooked roach feet. Let me assure you--that is not the case. I will explain later. :)

She showed up at my house with 8 chicken wings, 3 long cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 1 onion, 3 big spicy peppers, and 4 eggs. And here is the finished product. It was VERY good. And now I just have to remember what she did.

I thought for sure my post this week would be about how we drove an hour and a half last week to go to Starbucks and Papa John's but life just continues to prove stranger that instead I am talking about roach feet.
So what in the world is up with roach feet? Well, I have experienced roaches in a way this week that I always feared. I don't make a habit of getting to close to those things, so you can imagine my surprise when this little fella wanted to climb in bed with us. I was laying on my back with my hand laid out above my head (between my head and the headboard...with my palm facing up). And along came Mr. Crawly walking across palm and towards my arm. It did not take more than a couple of steps for me to wake up and throw the thing who knows where. So there we were-Joel and myself standing in the dark wondering "what do we do now?" We can't go back to sleep. We switched on the lights and there he was--not even hiding....claiming my pillow as his own. Needless to say it was difficult to go back to sleep even though I knew I didn't have to worry about that specific little guy anymore.

Oh, and here is a picture of our new couch for those of you who said something about wanting to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the couch and the food looks amazing!!!! Can't wait for you to cook it for me:)
Aunt Katie