We planned to stay for only a couple hours, but the kids had way too much fun. We ended up being there for 5 hours (thanks, Lord, for sunscreen!) and the kids would not have been upset if we would have stayed longer. Their favorite was the "kiddy pool" but they also went for a swim in the wave pool.
The park seemed to bring out the kid in Joel and I and we made sure to ride all the slides. It was a lot of fun, and we look forward to going again. Next time we might have to take a babysitter to watch the kids for a short while so that we can ride the slides longer. :)
It is hard to believe that we only have about 5 more weeks here before we go back to the states to see family and friends. I feel like we have so much to do before that time. I think that these 5 weeks will be a whirlwind of "to do's." Honestly this past week has been kinda tough on me--I think more emotionally than anything. I find that I get really stressed out about small things and as I have posted before---I really need some breaks. Last week we went to the waterpark on our day off and then that night I agreed to teach with Joel. Actually it was a very fun-filled day but I later realized that it was not "rest." It is hard to explain but I think being here just takes more of a toll on me than life in America. It seems like everything is stressful--going to buy groceries, ordering take-out, entertaining guests. Everything is just a little more complicated here and I find myself not taking time to myself like I should. I am working on it, and I am also working on trying not to let things get me so worked up.
Well in the midst of all the stressfulness I have picked up a bug--maybe God's way of getting me to slow down! So, now I will go and do just that.
(Pictures compliments of our friends' camera--still haven't bought a new one)
No comments:
Post a Comment