The past few days have been a holiday here. It is the Chinese's Tomb Sweeping Day--the day that they go and visit the graves of their family. Most people had about 2 days off of work, so the kids did not have school today, and they don't have it again tomorrow.
On Friday we celebrated Joel's birthday, but since we celebrated it last week too--we only had a little bit of chocolate cake. We didn't really do anything else special. Then later in the day, Joel and the kids went to pick up our friend Aaron from the airport. He stayed with us until today (Monday morning), and tomorrow he will get on a plane to go back to the states. Our weekend was pretty laid back for the most part. We were glad that he came to visit. We had a good time catching up with him and hearing about what is going on back in Memphis.
On Sunday we went with some other families and their children to a little amusement park. We thought we were going to climb a mountain, but instead we ended up at the amusement park--riding rides and just being silly! Isaac's favorite thing to do was ride a tube down the hill. I am not sure what you would call it in English but it is basically like snow-tubing--except there was no snow. You can check out the pictures. Then that night we came home and Joel had some friends over.



Today we took our kids and the other homeschooling kids out to a real mountain, but we didn't even climb up 1/4 of the way. We walked up to a reservoir and then the kids played there until they were completely worn out. It always amazes me how much kids have fun outdoors--and I remember that I was the same way when I was a kid. Isaac and the older boys were climbing on rocks (I didn't watch), and Autumn and another boy her age were trying to rub sticks together to make a fire! ha ha ha Needless to say, we didn't get a fire going, and that is probably a good thing since we probably would have been in a lot of trouble for doing so! Next time maybe we will do more climbing--as I was looking forward to the challenge.
Tonight we are sitting at home resting. Joel and Isaac are playing Joel's new Playstation 2 baseball game, and Autumn is playing her Leapster 2. Tomorrow we are going out to see our other American friends--Beverly and Morris and their kiddos Sydney and Skylar. I am sure we will have a blast--as we always do with those 4.
Believe it or not, our outings only continue, the next two weekends we have trips planned to another city to go to the zoo and to a children's conference. So, I hope to remember to take pictures as their should be lots of opportunities!
No comments:
Post a Comment