On Saturday, we went to morning tea (DimSum) with the landlord. He said that his kids rarely want to go anywhere with him anymore. Joel asked him if the kids feel like they never get a break from school—maybe they are worn out. (They go to school about 12 hours a day and then even have classes on Saturday). The landlord said that all kids live for school and if they are not in school, they are not happy. I think it might be that they just feel like their home is an empty place, and they don’t feel that their dad is too interested. That is just my guess.
After DimSum, I went home and prepared for my late afternoon class. From 4 to 6, we taught that class and then I even had dinner plans that night!
On Sunday, we had some foreigners over to our house for church. We all sang together, and then I played a story for the kids to listen to. Then I took the kids outside and asked them questions from the story and shared a little further with them. Then we just played some games. Can you believe they had never heard of Red Rover or Freeze Tag? Well, I played along too, and it was a lot of fun. Needless to say, I was the best at Red Rover, but I was not quite quick enough in freeze tag. J
So, here we are back at Monday. Joel just left to take the kids to school, and I am about to make plans for the week and get started with my day.



No comments:
Post a Comment